Thursday, December 29, 2016

Lots of Shakin'

Lots of earthquakes surrounding us! So far, we have not felt one. We live on the West side of the San Andreas fault, the part that is supposed to break off from the mainland one day and be carried north by the currents in, oh, several million years. We are on bedrock and high enough that a tsunami should not be a problem. I hope.

Christmas will go back into its containers in the attic this weekend. It was a good one and I will be sad to see it go. Yesterday, I wrote and sent photos of the day to the woman at my rehab class and her friend in Norway. The friend had written specifics of how they celebrate Christmas in Norway and was thrilled that I was interested in her opinion. After seeing the photos, she emailed that our day looked just like their celebration - decorations and food! I did it! An authentic experience.

We have been invited out to dinner tonight. A friend of Michael's (a legion in the Rock-n-Roll art world) wants to celebrate the coming of the new year with us. He is always interesting, the conversation is always challenging and it has been a long time since I have seen him.

But, later this morning, I hope to meet Sherman at the rehab class. If he is not there, I will phone him about the passing of Caveman. Still bothers me.

My breathing is not great and I hope I am not getting pneumonia. I was very short of breath last evening but I have been mindful of taking my inhaler more often. If the coughing becomes worse, I will contact Dr. K. or go to the ER.

No comments: