Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Post Holiday

We were in full recovery mode yesterday and even had a two-hour nap in the afternoon. We ate lightly and slowly picked up the house. It felt like we were hibernating.

I did phone Sherman yesterday only to discover he had been in the hospital. His breathing had really become difficult and the doctor told him that if it got worse, he was to go to the larger hospital to be intubated. YIKES. He said he considered that life support and wanted nothing to do with it. I am fearful that he is really failing. He won't be at the rehab class today but was going to try to make it on Thursday.

My own breathing has not been great and I have been coughing. I realized last evening that I had not been using my inhaler at all during Christmas or yesterday. Dumb! It really helps to keep everything open and moving and I believe it helps prevent pneumonia. I used it last evening and felt so much better. My chest wasn't so tight.

The goal today is to buy vitamins at Costco before the class, make a food shopping list for tomorrow and pay some bills. Back to life.

No comments: