Monday, December 5, 2016

Visions of Sugar Plums



We did it. The tree is up and fantastic. It actually changes colors with the tap of a food switch. All of the poinsettias are not in place yet so other photos will come soon. But for now, here is the new tree and the family room lights. I have gone a bit nuts as there is now a wreath hanging on the guest bathroom door. The outdoor lights will be finished by tonight and Michael washed all the windows inside and out before cleaning all the screens yesterday. It was a lot of work!

The Norwegian Christmas theme is moving rapidly forward with matching plates, cloth and paper napkins. We have hung the flag that Chip and Betty made so I will also post that soon. I was so jazzed about everything that I couldn't sleep last night!

Working out everyday has brought back my high energy level. On Saturday, I worked over three hours in the back yard only. It is finished, trimmed and ready for Christmas, with only a quick cut of the grass before the special day. The front yard? Well, that is going to take more work.

Tomorrow, a group of three other Irish Fiddling musicians are coming to my house to practice for our gig at the goat farm south of town. Then, in the evening, I will meet others at Leslie's next door for our weekly rehearsal. She thought it would be easier on me if I didn't have to haul my bass to her house twice in one day!

But for today, I am dropping Michael off over the pass then I will drive to the other rehab for a good work out followed by a bit of food shopping before spending the rest of the day with mom. I'm exhausted thinking about it all! But, still exited. I love this time of year.

No comments: