Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Back to Rehab

Rehab class went much better than expected yesterday as I had been concerned about my knee. It was so much better but I worried about putting it to the test. First up, the treadmill, cranking it up until it felt fast enough, only 2.5 mph, and stayed on it for 11 minutes. I felt it after I hopped off but in a good way. No pain. After a stint on the wall pulleys, I hit the bike feeling very confident. It was such a surprise that it was more difficult than the treadmill and I only lasted eight minutes. Everything else felt fantastic.

It had been almost 3 weeks since I had been in class, it was so good to see everyone and it felt great to work out again. I have no pain in my knee this morning but, again, it is still swollen and numb in one area. Who knows, the numbness may be permanent.

This is going to be one long day. This morning, I have an appointment with the glaucoma doctor who will perform a pressure relieving laser treatment to my left eye if he finds the pressure extremely high, like last week. That makes me a bit nervous. He said I could return to my normal routine afterward but I need to ask about lifting the weight of my string bass in and out of a car tonight. This is one rehearsal I can't miss, the dress rehearsal. My concern is also that my eye will be able to read the tiny print on the sheet music tonight. Lots of unknowns today. It is going to be a late night.

Michael and I submitted the final draft to Paul's brother yesterday. His chapter about working on Paul's 1941 Dodge hot rod was full of details and Mark will add photos when it is ready for publication. Huge pressure removed from shoulders! Done.

No comments: