Friday, April 21, 2017

Rough Night

Last night, I was so tired from the late orchestra rehearsal that I fell asleep at 7PM again. Michael put me to bed and I was out until 9:30PM when I awakened feeling awful. I had made a roasted chicken for dinner, we were not sure if it was thoroughly cooked so we zapped it in the microwave, then it was fine. Unfortunately, I think I probably tasted an undercooked few bites of chicken and now my stomach was letting me know it was not happy.

Being tired already, it was hard to be awake and now I was fearful of moving. With the long ago surgery for GERD that helps one not to vomit, I tried to lay as still as possible. If I moved even a bit, my stomach would react. Michael woke up and I asked him to get a large bowl in case I needed it. I promised not to get sick all over him! So, with that promise, he drifted back to sleep. There I lay. After a while, it was midnight then 2AM. I realized that the problem had moved further south, so to speak. I got through the threat of vomit!

By 3AM, I moved to the living room for a change of venue and drifted off around 4AM until 6AM when Michael came out to check on me.

It's been a long night.

There is a two-hour gig with the Irish Fiddlers tonight, which I will be cancelling. Being so tired by this evening, I will not be able to focus on the music. Plus, we have to be up and out early for the meeting of the patient advisory board at my university hospital in the city at 10AM Saturday morning.

Mom and I will be together this morning but I don't think I will be able to spend all day with her. I won't be able to keep up with this 88-year old!

No comments: