Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Last Day

Final day with Christien. It has been fun to just hang out and talk. It has also been so helpful to her to be with us while dealing with her family and arranging the details of her mom's viewing this weekend. She is flying home this evening, sleeping in her bed then flying out Friday to Florida to be with her step-father and her children.

Natalie and her family invited us to view the house for sale around the corner from us last evening, so Christien and I met them to also take a peek. It was so much better than expected and they have a real chance of getting this one. It is our exact model but with less land.

Christein and I plan not to leave the house until I have to drive her over the pass to a girlfriend's house for dinner. They will take her to the airport later in the evening. In the meantime, Michael and I are going to the very private, invitation only 90th Anniversary party at the restaurant right on the ocean north of us. The fun never ends! We won't be stay long as we are both exhausted.

My knee really hurt again yesterday. I think I walked too much and was on my feet too long. It is a bit stiff this morning so I will take an Aleve. Tomorrow, I am going to the rehab class and will hit the bicycle, which seems to help a lot.

These past few days with Christien got me out of my routine and I have really enjoyed her company. It almost feels like I have been on a vacation!

No comments: