Thursday, June 15, 2017

Seeing Dr. K.

It's early. Coffee is hot. The bed is made and the liquid oxygen tank is already outside ready to be filled while we are gone. Breakfast next then we are getting dressed. It is going to be a rough ride in rush hour traffic into the city to the newer campus of my university hospital to see the surgeon about my fractured knee. Let's hope that we all agree that I don't need surgery! Afterward, we will do food shopping for Christien's visit, I plan to get rid of all the cobwebs outside before I wash all the windows. Another busy day ahead.

But yesterday, my visit with Dr. K. went well. She was shocked at the downturn of my PFTs but said it actually might be true because of my recent problems with acid reflux. Nuts. She immediately made a referral to the surgeon for tests and she didn't know if my hernia had anything to do with it acting up. She was very concerned and said that if I did not hear from them within a week, I was to let her know. This is serious, she said.

With that, I had no problem with it yesterday and really don't feel the horrible PFT numbers. She also told me that there are very few techs now giving the PFTs and that I might have a problem having another one do the next test in August. Another NUTS!

Michael's nudging me to get going. We don't want to be late. Fingers crossed that I don't need surgery!

No comments: