Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Can I Blame Leo Rising?

Rehab class felt fantastic and I did my full workout but it was a crazy day. Could be due to Leo rising, according to my car pool buddy, Jeannie. On the way to rehab, I was almost hit two times then it went sideways from there. I walked to the far end of the hospital to the front desk where one can make appointments. It was closed. Permanently. I stopped at the volunteer desk and they directed me to the second floor.

Second Floor, first stop was to have the X-ray of my finger sent to my university hospital's Rheumatology clinic. There was a line, one person working the counter and a lovely older woman in front of me. She reminded me of my mom as she reached up to rest her hand on the sign. Her back looked painful and she was bending forward. I suggested that she sit down and that I would let her know when the counter person was ready for her. She thanked me and sat.

After she was called, another counter person arrived. She called me over. When I told her what I needed, she said that she just got back from a break and it would take a few minutes for her to get her computer started. Okay. She told me to sit down to wait. Finally, she called me forward again and asked what I needed, they could not send the X-ray electronically but with a CD, which would take her 10-15 minutes to produce while she helped other people in line. Okay. Did I mention all this was said with a surly attitude and not a smile anywhere in the vicinity?

I said that I needed to schedule a Bone Density Test and would be back.

Second Floor, second stop was all the way at the other end of the hospital. Arriving, I was told that they could not make any appointments. All appointments now must be made by phone. Okay. They were kind and I felt sort of sorry that they had to spend a lot of time explaining why they couldn't make appointments, which took more time than actually making an appointment.

Back to radiology.

I sat in view of the woman, who was now making my CD. It was ready, she called me forward to sign some papers and handed me the CD. I looked her straight in the eye and with absolutely no hint of irony I said, "Thank you so much for being so kind. I appreciate it." She was rather taken aback and I think I saw a bit, just a bit of a smile wanting to bloom from her lips.

Now to the rehab class, all the way at the other end of the hospital.

The only other issue was trying to get out the parking lot after the class. It was blocked by such a mess of cars that I wondered if we would ever get home. Fortunately, we finally made it through, drove home without being an accident and Michael and I sat in the garden talking about our day. He's stories were even better than mine!

No comments: