Monday, July 17, 2017

If the Shoe Fits...

I wore regular shoes yesterday. That is big news. Since the fractured knee and the sore gout toe on the other foot, my shoes have needed to be flat and loose. Not often attractive. The short wedge sandals I bought online this Spring were finally worn yesterday and I have no pain this morning. It was so exciting that I sat and crawled through a ton of shoe web sites and finally found a pair of black and white Oxfords for a really good price. They will look great with my white skinny jeans for Summer and my black cords for Winter. I was so worried that I was not going to be able to wear the small wedge sandals that I bought for the August wedding to match the dress but now I have hope!

Yesterday, we were up and out early to meet with a guy who needed Michael's advice. We drove right home afterward to beat the tourist traffic, did some stuff around the house then he took me to lunch at our favorite place just a few minutes north of us. The rest of the day, we napped, read in the garden, watched the British Formula 1 race and had a light salad for dinner. A very lovely Sunday. I feel rested and recovered from a crazy two weeks.

Mom has her shot in her eye this morning then we will have a bit of lunch. I need to do a small Safeway run on my way home this afternoon. It is absolutely gorgeous here and I hope to be home to enjoy it. Dinner will be a quick and easy "BLT Chicken" with a side of cole slaw. Simple. Easy. Perfect.

Happy Monday!

No comments: