Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Prep for Tomorrow

Everything went according to plan yesterday and was so perfect that Michael arrived home to haul the groceries into the house just minutes after I pulled into the driveway. I made a fantastic dinner of Mongolian Beef with broccoli on the side and even made Ham Cups (with eggs and goat cheese) for his next few days of breakfasts. I will admit falling asleep on the couch until he put me to bed at 7:30. I just can't seem to get enough sleep.

Early this morning, I need to finish preparing for the birthday party for Winnie and Oliver tomorrow with a Safeway run. Tablecloth and other items need ironing. Homemade Chocolate Pudding needs to be made. After the rehab class, I am going to phone Brenda at the surgeon's office to ask for help arranging the tests I need before anything can be repaired to stop the acid reflux from flowing into my lungs. Then, after dinner, there is an Irish Fiddling rehearsal. A full day.

My breathing isn't great. My fractured knee is better and I think it should be totally healed in three weeks. My other foot is still painful with what I think is probably gout.

Tomorrow should be totally fun. The ribs and fingerling potatoes will be baked, appetizers of Oliver's favorite mini hot dogs in crescent rolls will be served with homemade lemonade and Winnie will have her Bananas Foster over ice cream. Each child will also get an Amazon gift card so they can buy whatever they want. I promise some photos.

No comments: