Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Fancy Dinner

And the non-stop fun continues. All this fun may even kill us! We arrived right on time for a long held reservation to the #1 restaurant in San Francisco. The traffic was brutal and I felt a bit beaten up when we arrived. The moment those doors opened and the black and gold floors appeared, all was right with the world. The flowers! The waiters! The food! OMG, the food! I wore the fancy dress from the wedding on the Queen Mary, which shimmered under the lights.

Don (photo above) arrived via Uber and the fun began. The Amuse Bouche was a just a couple of spoons of a fruited cold soup with a bit of lobster. Delicious! What a beginning. We all moaned while enjoying the torchon of pate, I had a very small portion of lobster while the boys had duck breast with a delicious duck hash. This was followed by cheese for me and two fancy desserts for them. We waddled out of there after almost three hours and took the long way through the city to drive Don home.

What a night.

Before I even got home, my stomach was demanded to know why I was suddenly eating all this rich food, though not in any kind of quantity. By the time we got home, I was not feeling well and was up for over an hour until we remembered Pepto Bismol. Relief!

Today, it is back to pulmonary rehab after being gone for two weeks. It is going to hurt but it will feel good! I also have a list of things that need addressing: connecting with the woman in the hospital waiting for a lung transplant, connecting with my niece about her visit this weekend, calling the assistant to the surgeon to ask for the third time for a test he forgot to order, Medicare did not pay for a doctor's bill so I have to deal with that and the singer from the Irish Fiddling group is coming to the house at 5PM to work on a new song with me. He has a vision of my bass part but can only hum it. We will figure it out before we join the others at Leslie's house for the full rehearsal at 6:00PM.

It is going to be another full day.

No comments: