Friday, September 22, 2017

All is Right with My World

He is home. My coffee is hot and strong and delicious this morning. It was poured by a happy man with a smile who was so happy to be home. But, oh my, it was a challenge to get to the airport yesterday afternoon. I gave myself 1.25 hours to drive to the airport's cell phone parking lot to wait for their plane to land. It actually should take about 25 minutes, I just wanted to get there and didn't mind waiting.

On the pass, there was a problem. A large truck was stopped and blocking the entire westbound lane while I was heading east. Traffic was being controlled by the CHP while waiting for a large tow truck to take it away. This major artery had traffic backed up in both directions and rush hour was beginning. It was ugly. I was worried that I would not make it to the airport before they landed and also, that I would be held up after the tow truck arrived. I just wanted to get through before that. It took an extra thirty-minutes to get past the truck, I got to the airport, took a deep breath and happily waited for their call.

By the time we got back onto the pass, all the backup was gone and we flew home for a quick dinner and endless talking before I had to play an Irish Fiddling gig at the Wine and Cheese store in town. It was a good gig, I loved the venue but the audience was rather dull. Not a lot of interaction. It was, alas, a Thursday night when we are used to playing Friday or Saturday nights. Different crowd.

Mom and I are hanging out today then we hope to see William this weekend. I will be making my famous Baklava on Saturday to give to him and share with his crew. If it works out, we should be able to see him Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Michael is going to connect with him today.

A nice weekend ahead.

No comments: