Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Fighting Swelling

We were third in line for Michael's blood draw at 7AM yesterday. The reward was a fantastic breakfast in a place we hadn't visited in decades. Good, hot coffee in a pot on the table with a pitcher of iced water and huge plates of food. Sort of a 1980s kind of a place. It was a real treat, though both of us were only able to eat about half of our breakfasts.

Filled to the brim, we were home by 8:30! I made lot of appointments while waiting to go back to the hospital for the rehab class. Poor Michael is seeing three doctors in two days next week. I thought I would pile them all together so it is done and not drawn out.

My knee was swollen so I took it easy on the treadmill, my first day back on my favorite piece of equipment. This morning, it is being iced and I am going to wrap and ice it for a few days to see if I can get the swelling down. It will feel nice and cool as it is going to be 80 degrees here on the coast today. I have a hair appointment this morning then Michael might meet me for lunch. Maybe.

I can't believe it is Fall. It has been such an odd year and time just flew by. So many funerals but, there were also weddings and it has been a good health year for my mom. Positive things to remember. Life continues.

No comments: