Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Re-Fracture?

The knee. Instead of working on the treadmill in the pulmonary rehab class yesterday, I took my knee for an adventure on the bike. Twice. The first run, no problem. After doing the wall pulleys, I climbed back onto the bike, started peddling then about four minutes in, my knee began hurt. That had never happened before and I immediately stopped. Maddison, the RN, noticed and told me to contact my orthopedic group when I got home.

I tried. After two 14-minute rounds of being on hold then disconnecting, I decided to try again early this morning. I have another hour to go before they are open and hopefully, I can get an appointment to be seen ASAP. What worries me is that my recent bone scan was not good and when I kicked up the speed and time on the treadmill, I may have cracked or somehow re-injured my knee. I am feeling the same pains as when it was fractured. And, the swelling has returned with a vengeance.

Bob, who is waiting for lung transplants, was not in the rehab class last Thursday nor yesterday. I asked if the RNs had heard from him, as he promised me that he would let us know if he got the call. Nothing. We all still hope he is getting his new lungs.

Today is a major day for us. Michael is seeing the new primary doctor in town for his first Medicare appointment. He had been paying for an individual policy for years and the combined cost of both of our supplemental and prescription insurance polices are $150 less per month than his individual policy. And, no co-payments. Major sigh of relief.

No comments: