Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Smoke Free

The past few days, smoke has been drifting into the entire Bay Area. There are huge fires burning inland and north of us and, with an off shore breeze, it has stayed for a few days. Breathing has been very difficult. The smell was overwhelming yesterday, like someone was burning wood in a fireplace next-door. The good news is that this morning, the winds have changed direction and the area is cleaned out. I was really concerned about going over the pass to the rehab class today as it was so much worse there. The temperatures have also dropped and the high over the pass will only be 76 degrees. Perfect.

I think there is a problem with my formally fractured knee. It has not been the same since working out on the treadmill two days in a row a few weeks ago. There is now fluid. It aches. I now know it has not completely healed. So, I will adjust and not do any treadmill today, double up on the bike and keep it wrapped. There has also been swelling in my foot and ankle.

To rehab I go!

It has been a wild long weekend with tons of celebrations and fun. Back to life, thank goodness! We get our routines back. We get our little town back from the tourists. Life slows down so we can enjoy it a bit more.

In other news, William phoned on our anniversary and Michael's birthday. We confirmed with him that we are going to rent an AirB&B in Palm Springs for several days after Christmas. We realized that what we love about fine hotels, he didn't need. He practically lives in them and wanted somewhere where he could cook, swim in a private pool and enjoy being just the three of us together. A house not a hotel. He suggested an AirB&B. We haven't seen him in a year so we need to have the opportunity to sit and talk. I miss those late night conversations about hopes and next steps in life. I think I found the place to rent with the goal that it will be perfect to help him relax.

No comments: