Friday, September 15, 2017

While Working Out

At the rehab class yesterday, we all noticed that Bob was not present again. He has been MIA for three weeks. Our collective fingers are crossed. He is the nicest man who is waiting for the phone call from his university hospital to announce they had a set of lungs for him. The last time I saw him, his sweet, handsome high school senior son was dropping him off at rehab. So young. He also has a daughter in college. This must be a very stressful time for the entire family. I only hope that it has happened for him and he is doing well.

A weird thing happened during the class. The RN walked by with an empty cart for one of our green oxygen tanks. She asked if I had noticed that it was empty when I got my oxygen at the beginning of class, which I had not. A large green oxygen tank was missing. Without the cart. Weird.

It is not worth anything to anyone when the oxygen runs out. One just can't go somewhere to get it refilled. It was a mystery. I told her to cover her butt and report it to security. If used improperly, these tanks can give off quite a big blast. She contacted her boss first then tried security, which kept rerouting her so she hung up. The boss arrived and began a search of the other rehab areas and pool area. Finally, the RN contacted security and they arrived.

They did not seem to understand the bigger implications at first. They wanted to know the value of the tank. "Why was the hospital's name not on the tank?" Well, they are not the hospital's tanks but a company that delivers filled tanks and picks up the empty ones several times a week. It is not about the value but about how it could be used to cause trouble. Finally, they said they would be aware but really what else could they do?

Then, in the mail after I got home, I received notification that Medicare rejected my last visit with the nutritionist. The comment was they never pay for it and that I should have received a letter from my provider of that fact before the appointment. It also said that I should not pay any bills to the university hospital for the appointment. Something is wrong as it has paid for my visits for almost 7 years. I will be phoning my university hospital to find out what is going on later this afternoon.

Also, this afternoon, I have a phone appointment with my endocrinologist to discuss my poor bones and the beginning of my relationship with Prolia.

But, all this will happen after mom and I have our toenails polished this morning followed by a nice lunch. I am counting the hours before British Don and Michael begin their road trip.

No comments: