Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Adventures with Mom

Veronica, my best friend at the moment, is the surgeon's assistant and I have been waiting to hear from her. Is the endoscopy actually going to happen on Friday or Thursday or not until the surgeon gets back from his vacation? No word yesterday so, I am going to phone her this morning for an update.

Mom and I had one wild day yesterday and I crawled home exhausted but feeling like we got a lot accomplished. After food shopping over the pass, I picked her up, we did two errands for her, drove back to my house to put the food away and toured the gardens, bought a Starbucks, bought baby presents for our meet and great a new baby on Thursday evening and got mom to her dentist appointment right on time. I felt like a baseball player sliding into home base when we flew into the dentist's parking lot. We made it! On Time! Safe!

While she was in the dentist's chair, I took off to buy some gas when the low oil light came on. Phoning Michael, I discovered he had been sitting in traffic on the pass due to an accident and was just beginning to move. He met me at the dentist's parking lot, we exchanged cars and he took mine home to put some oil into it.

Mom was confused when we went out to the parking lot after her appointment. Where was my car?

It was that kind of day.

After I got home, I watered the pots and enjoyed the weather. It was hot and windy and sleeping was pretty difficult last night.

Today, pulmonary rehab class! No Irish Fiddling rehearsal tonight! I am a free woman.

No comments: