Sunday, October 8, 2017

Birthday Luncheon

The Irish Fiddling gig on Friday evening was fun and very low key. Even after the craziness of Thursday, I wasn't exhausted afterwards. We both slept well then Michael had to run some errands over the pass on Saturday. I thought I would just sit on the couch for a few minutes...over two hours later, I woke up. I guess I needed that!

After Michael got home, we worked in the yards. I was able to cut back the hydrangeas, all five of them, which filled a huge garden recycling bin. It was a lot of work but it felt great being able to work physically. I am not sore at all this morning, except my right hand from the clippers.

This morning, we are meeting British Don for an early lunch at his favorite dim sum place for his birthday. We bought two t-shirts from a local surf shop with their very cool logo so he can remember his time here in our little town after he moves to Oklahoma City. It may be a bit of a challenge as there is a huge Bluegrass festival in the city as well as the Blue Angels air show. Lots of people. Lots of cars.

I can't believe how well I am feeling. My breathing is good but I do have a cough on occasion. Last night, I took my pillow and a blanket out to the couch as a wheeze was causing me to cough and I didn't want to disturb Michael. After a couple of puffs of the inhaler, I drifted off to sleep.

We look forward to a quieter week ahead. Only one doctor!

No comments: