Friday, October 13, 2017

Breathing Headaches

Breathing is difficult. The air quality is getting worse again today. I had a headache on and off last night and I am one who never gets a headache. Yesterday, I quickly went into town to pump gas in my car then drove home for the day, windows shut and the news on the TV. More fires. Whole town evacuated. The winds are expected to kick up today through the weekend and more fires are expected to break out.

When will this end? The stories of the people who have died and the numbers of missing people is so very sad.

Today, mom is scheduled to have her monthly shot in her eye and she can't drive afterward. I must be with her. The goal is to be outside on a very limited basis, wear my oxygen and a mask and then get home as soon as possible. I have a barking cough and my lung just do not feel very happy.

Michael's sister, Anna made the two flight connection and arrived in Knoxville to visit their mom. She has been looking at this visit as the final time she will see her as Mary has an aneurysm in her aorta, which is inoperable. I tried to work with her so she can look her mom in the eye and tell her she will see her again next year when she leaves at the end of the visit. We have told Mary we will see her in May. Sometimes a person needs something to look forward to.

She and Michael have been texting and talking and Anna is having a good time. She will be the first person to admit that she has OCD and Mary is taking full advantage of that! Refrigerator? Cleaned! Reorganizing the kitchen cabinets? Done! She is attacking a freezer today. By the time she leaves, the entire house will be shining and organized and...perfect.

As I peeked into next week's schedule, I was reminded that I finally am meeting with the surgeon about my acid reflux and the results of the testing. I am not feeling very positive about the experience. Just getting all the testing was difficult. The major test was ordered incorrectly and the actual site of the suspected source of the reflux was not even tested. It is also the worst run clinic I have ever experienced, thanks to the queen who runs the front desk. Michael is going with me, has heard my tales about the clinic and this will be a chance for him to see it all.

No comments: