Monday, October 30, 2017

Halloween Prep

We worked side by side in the gardens and it felt like I had a good workout when it was finished. It also looked great! It had been a long time since I cut the plants along the driveway and the four other ones between Ron and us. Lots of work. Lots of picking up the piles of trimmings to put into the recycling bin. Into the back yard, the old lilies needed to be pulled and everything needed watering.

It felt so good to move my body. I did wrap my knee and only felt one twinge while I was tromping around. When it was finished, I was soaking wet and breathing hard. There was some coughing and I am a bit worried about it. It was not my usual short, non-productive cough but it sounded looser and it was a longer cough. Keeping my eye on it.

It all looks good for Natalie and her family arriving Halloween evening. The house will get a quick dusting and vacuuming tomorrow and I am making a simple dinner for the entire family so they have energy to trick or treat as many houses as possible in our neighborhood.

My list for today is ready. Shower and hit the road. Food shopping. Mom. Costco. Pay bills in person. Every year, I put together small bags of toys and goodies for the neighborhood kids. We have two very little ones in the corner house and I still make one for Lily, who is in 7th grade. Winnie and Oliver will also get a special bag. I am going to put those together this afternoon. Next year, we will have two additional kids on our street. The very first house on the cul-du-sac has just sold to a family with young children. Wonderful. Keeps the neighborhood young!

The weather has finally turned to Fall. It will be a jacket day and a chance to wear my new boots. I love everything about this time of year from the smells in the air to the pumpkins to the planning ahead for the holidays. But, it is also the beginning of cold and flu season. Just a reminder to wash your hands every time you arrive home and keep your hands away from your face. Keep the germs at bay.

No comments: