Thursday, October 12, 2017

Offline

I have never seen Michael so relaxed, so happy, so thrilled with a medical procedure than after the colonoscopy. It was like a spa experience. Warm blanket? Private room? The Versed and Fentanyl did their job and he slept the sleep of a baby during the actual procedure. He did have an 8mm splenic flexure polyp removed and should hear about the biopsy results tomorrow. We carefully walked through a parking lot to a sweet little cafe for a light breakfast of eggs and toast. It all tasted so good but he still tried to eat it slowly.

The rest of the day, he rested, slept a bit, laid low, ate more benign foods and told anyone who called what an enjoyable experience and everyone should have a colonoscopy!

In the meantime, I was struggling with the horrible air quality, which suddenly turned really bad while we were over the pass. It was worse than Monday, I was unprepared without my oxygen and I was coughing constantly. On the coast, it was even thicker.

Around 2PM, my internet went out. I phoned Comcast, they reported no problems in my area, we tried to reboot and it was determined that I needed a new router as mine was really old. I was not happy. The closest store was over the pass in an area with just two ways in, both always packed with traffic. I even confirmed with Comcast that it was the closest store to get a new router. So, I hopped in the car, with my oxygen in tow, and headed over the pass again! I worked my way to the difficult location and it was a YOGA STUDIO! I phoned Comcast. Nope, I had the correct address. I asked for the next closest location. Nothing close.

It was then that I noticed a tiny note on the door of the Yoga Studio. Comcast had moved to one town south. I hopped back into the car, fought through all the traffic and found it! Apparently, they moved in May but the home office still has not accepted their new address. Gee, thanks! Within minutes, I had the new router and heading home through pumpkin tourist traffic.

Home.

We hooked it up and NOTHING. It would not come online. All the other lights were working except ONLINE. I phoned Comcast. Here is comes. You know what is coming, don't you? The woman told me that the service was out in my area and had been since 2:05PM and was expected to return around 11PM.

The entire trip over the pass was unnecessary.

This morning, I am online.

The air quality this morning is even worse than yesterday. It smells like I am surrounded by 100 fireplaces burning wood. The sunset last night was red. Rehab class is still on today but the RN phoned yesterday to say not to come if the quality of the air was bad. I am staying home with all the windows shut.

No comments: