Monday, October 2, 2017

Sadness

It was a good weekend as I dealt with a lot of paperwork and we were both able to get great sleep. We are feeling strong heading into Doctor Week, which begins tomorrow. Today, my mom has a hearing aid appointment at Costco so I will also buy some coffee and vitamins while I am there.

My knee is still an issue, unfortunately. I expected to have the swelling under control by today but it is being stubborn. More ice. Thought I would add an Aleve to the mix to see if that helps.

Around midnight, I woke up and saw the Las Vegas news on the TV. Stunned. Having a son working at these festivals and concerts that seem to be targets, I worry. My rehab class car pool buddy Jeannie says that I should not put any negative energy towards him with worrying but to keep praying for positive energy to surround him. I am learning but I did want to jump out of bed to check where our son was on tour. I waited until this morning to learn that he was home. As the news continued to unfold, it was horribly sad to hear the devastating numbers of the people who have been impacted by this tragedy.

No comments: