Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Photos

It was a success. Our new tradition of staying local, celebrating in a restaurant with a lunch of traditional foods and being home before most people begin their holiday meal was a success. It worked well.

Mom, Michael and I had no traffic problems as we drove to the harbor north of us. The luncheon began with cocktails and fresh calamari, which my 89-year old mom had never tried before. She liked it! Check that off her bucket list! A plate of traditional holiday food was perfectly cooked and properly portioned. We even brought home some leftovers for today.

Our change of tradition has been a challenge but I think we agreed that it was so much better for us. We didn't spend 5+ hours in a car in holiday traffic only to come home exhausted. We were home by 3:00 and in bed at our regular time.

We are going food shopping this afternoon and I am going to try to get a pedicure appointment for both of us. I have been working on Michael to begin to have someone take care of his feet. When he mentioned he was ready yesterday, I want to jump on it quickly before he changes his mind. I may even take before and after photos!

No comments: