Monday, November 13, 2017

Video

My university hospital has an interesting process when a patient is facing a new procedure. They sent me a video accessed through their patient email site. Yesterday afternoon, I watched a 20-minute video about anesthesia. All the different anesthesia options. It may have fallen into the category of too much information. In other words, it scared me to death. Death? Yes, that was mentioned a couple of times during the video!

All this was in anticipation of the endoscopy next week and it left me with more questions than answers. I will be phoning the surgeons assistant asking if I was going to be given light sedation during the procedure, asking if I can take only the most important drugs that morning, where exactly do I check-in and probably a few other things while I have her on the phone.

The video was intended to give information so the patient feels educated before a new procedure but it left me feeling anxious.

Michael took me to lunch yesterday and we split an award winning (and featured on Drive-In, Diners and Dives) pastrami sandwiches on toasted rye with sauerkraut and dressing. OMG. I have never tasted such tender, lean pastrami. We split it but I swear I am still tasting it this morning. Burped all evening! Dinner was a scrambled egg. I will be eating very lightly today.

Mom has wanted to see the sweet park in her city that has a hidden Japanese garden, with koi, and beautiful paths to follow along the large pond. Today will be the day, if it is not raining. We don't have anything special on the calendar.

Also today, I will be checking-in with Jeannie to see how she is doing and if she needs my help to food shop.

Finally, yesterday morning when I unplugged Michael's phone, I noticed a missed call from a +00 number, usually an out of the country number. I looked it up and realized it was William's number but from Argentina. I panicked. He never phones when he is out of the country. Was he okay? We messaged him. Hearts pounding. Reply? Pocket dialing. Oops. He did write that the concert went really well, he had fun wandering around the city and had eaten an amazing steak. Deep sigh of relief. They are flying home today.

No comments: