Sunday, December 24, 2017

A Snag

Christmas Eve. Let the fun begin! Coffee with British Don in the morning then to the airport to grab William as he gets off the plane then home for a fantastic dinner before going to the neighbors and other friends for fun. I am ready for Christmas day and our trip.

Yesterday, two of the neighbors stopped by to share their goodies a day early but I was ready! My crazy fudge was a hit. For two hours in the morning, I organized a lot of things for the trip, picked up each room, dusted the floors and vacuumed the rugs and carpets. Then, I made the Gingerbread Cake. Oh yum. It was baked in a tube pan and has no frosting so it will be delicious with coffee. It is going on the road with us.

It was 1:30PM. I was ready. I was finished. I was getting ready to get dressed for Rick and Natalie's as I tossed the final paper towel into the kitchen garbage. Somehow, I snagged the top of my right hand on a piece of plastic on the top of the cabinet. It peeled about 1-1/5" of skin back. I quickly moved the skin back into place then applied pressure as the doorbell rang. My personal hero Michael had arrived home right on time. He took over. I quickly had a nice bandage in place. It was then I remembered that we were heading to Natalie's in a couple of hours and before being a nursing professor, she was a home care nurse with a specialty of wound care. As soon as she saw Michael's bandage, she took it off and applied a professional one. I'll be fine.

Whenever William is home, it somehow feels like the house is full again. Back to normal. I just want to drink that up and enjoy him back in our lives for a few days. Here we go!

No comments: