Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Back to the City - Hello Dr. K!

OUCH! That was my day yesterday!

Everything went as planned. I was able to buy some fantastic tinned fish for Michael's mom. She loves herring and sardines and I even found some kippers and smoked oysters along with some good bland crackers. She will love them all! Also included in the package, besides the new clothes, was a pound of Holiday Blend from Peet's Coffee. I rushed home to wrap everything then back to town and the UPS store. Done. On its way! Deep sigh of relief.

Off I went to the city for my once a year dermatologist appointment. I love her. Besides being gorgeous, she is smart and funny. She zapped about three dozen spots on my body. Not a lot of pain except for one spot. This spot, on the palm of my left hand, has been bothering me for over a year. I forgot to show it to her last year. She zapped it and it hurt! Really hurt! So very tender. I was grateful that the rehearsal with the Irish Fiddlers was cancelled as I am not sure I could have played. This morning, it is a large, swollen welt. Looks like a water blister. It will eventually shrink into a scar and go away in about eight weeks. She found some spots on my scalp and a very serious one on my leg. If it does not totally go away, she wants to see me for a biopsy. One of my drugs leaves my skin susceptible to skin cancer.

Michael bought new batteries for both cars, installed them then left me at 6:30 to help Wayne put one in his car. I thought I would just put my head on a pillow on the couch and, before I knew it, he was home and it was 8:00! I slept so well last night!

This morning, I need gas for another long drive to the city and three boxes of See's Candy for the housekeepers. Tomorrow will be the last time we will see them before Christmas. I also include cash in a card as a thank you for their hard work.

The bad news is that I am feeling a cold coming on. I will fill the day with Coldcalm and try to slow it down and lessen its impact. This will be a subject during my appointment this afternoon with Dr. K. The most important subject will be about the problem with my Nissen Fundoplication, the inexperience of my surgeon on re-doing the surgery, the question of medication vs surgery and I will be asking for her advice. We will figure something out together. I hope!

No comments: