Monday, December 4, 2017

Continue to Wait

The cell phone will be on my body all day waiting for the call from the surgeon. Before I leave for mom's this morning, I will leave a message for his long-suffering assistant that I did not hear anything Friday afternoon or evening. Maybe, just maybe I will hear something today!

We did all of our Christmas decorating yesterday and were exhausted! We didn't do half of what we normally would decorate but it looks pretty good. I need to add the dozen poinsettias before photos are taken. Michael hung his new fancy outdoor lights after hauling all the boxes of decoration down from the attic. He slept like a baby last night.

At one point in the late afternoon, I looked out the front window and saw each and every neighbor hanging lights or decorating their houses. Later, Michael and I talked about what I would be making for the annual goodie exchange on Christmas Eve with everyone on the street. I love our little neighborhood.

Mom is having her macular degeneration shot this morning then we will get a quick lunch somewhere. This week has some interesting things. I am seeing the dermatologist next week for my annual appointment to burn off any pre-cancerous spots, caused by medication, from my body. Since many are on my legs, I wanted to get my toe nails painted for the holidays before I see the doctor. The wounds take about 6-8 weeks to heal. The appointment for my toe nails is this Wednesday morning before my dentist appointment. The fun news is that Michael is actually going with me and having his second ever pedicure. Much needed!!! I am hoping this becomes a routine.

No comments: