Friday, December 22, 2017

Countdown

Yesterday, the last rehab class of the year was so much fun. The RNs were dressed is silly costumes with funny hats and everyone was in good cheer. One of the sweetest women at rehab made fish ornaments out of ribbons for each of us AND brought in a large tray of sushi from one of the best restaurants in the area. We all enjoyed a piece or two after the class.

The RNs thanked me for the Sugar-Glazed Walnuts and mentioned how much they love them each year. So very nice.

A few days ago, my uncle's trust asked for an update of my health and any future possible medical needs. I wrote a three page reply, let it marinate overnight and worked on it again. And again. Let it sit again. Well, when I printed it out and realized it was three pages long, I realized it was too much information. Last night, it was if I was awakened by my dad with the words from my lawyer ringing in my ears, "Give them the minimum information." So at 2AM, I reworked the entire response to just the bare facts and whittled the response down to one page. I feel so much better about it. While I am with mom today, I will let it marinate once again and let it sit overnight before replying tomorrow.

Busy day ahead! William arrives Sunday so I have to dust and vacuum the house, make homemade applesauce for our Christmas Eve dinner and make the fudge for the neighborhood holiday goodie. I have a lot to do tomorrow so I want to get ahead of the game, so to speak.

I will be with mom all day and will take a serious look at her thumb to make sure it is healing properly.

No comments: