Monday, December 11, 2017

Day 1 of a Busy Week

It's Monday. The beginning of a very busy week. One day at a time.

We spent yesterday with British Don, helped him buy some moving boxes after a fantastic New Orleans-style lunch. Always great conversation, we will miss our time with him when he moves later this month. Last night, I slept so well on the 2.5 liters of oxygen that I am going to stay there for a bit. No wheezing or coughing all night.

Mom and I are meeting this morning with her Costco eye doctor to check her eyes for reading glasses. She wants some made but also wants to know what strength she should buy at the drug store as she stashes them all over her house. The good ones will be for reading and computer work, the others will be for everything else!

After lunch, Michael and I are meeting at the mall to begin our Christmas shopping. We want to get his mom's presents in the mail by tomorrow. He will pick out a nice but casual outfit for her to hang out in or even wear when she goes out to lunch. I will add some Peet's Coffee, good sardines, smoked oysters, crackers and anything else I spot to the package. We also ordered some special goodies from Harry and David to arrive in a few days.

While shopping, we will use mom's money to buy presents for ourselves and a few things for my mom. Should be fun!

No comments: