Thursday, December 21, 2017

Final Rehab Class of the Year

Another day closer, another to-do list! I thought I did the full grocery shopping yesterday but nooooo, I forgot that we have been invited to Rick and Natalie's for appetizers on Saturday evening and I promised to bring a little something. Sooooo, after a shower, it's back to Safeway this morning and I also forgot to buy the travel size of Miralax.

Today is the final rehab class of the year so I made my Sugar-Glazed Walnuts for the two RNs and also Christina, who I have known since I started rehab in 2005. She often will swings by for a chat and we stay in touch but she no longer works in our rehab class. She LOVES my Christmas walnut treats so I also made a special bag for her.

I just can't believe the end of the year is here. 2017 just flew by. I find it a bit ironic that it began with a trip to Palm Springs as a Christmas present from William and it will end with a trip to Palm Springs WITH William. Why Palm Springs? It is in the desert, warm, dry, beautiful and so many things to see and do. It is known for its Mid-Century Modern architecture, a passion of William's. Its weather is the exact opposite of ours on the coastside and sometimes it is a nice change of pace.

This year will always be known as the year of the fractured knee for me. It took about 18-weeks to heal and I still wrap it when I notice it is beginning to swell. It slowed me down. I still am not back to the levels I was in the rehab class before the incident.

My goal for 2018 is to increase my exercise, without straining my knee, and seeing the muscles returning to my thighs! I am happy with my weight so I don't have to make that New Year's resolution, thank goodness. We want to take a trip in May. Michael's mom needs a visit and she is all the way across the country. Hopefully, I will be well enough!

No comments: