Friday, December 1, 2017

No Word

Frustrating. No phone call from either the surgeon or the assistant yesterday. How very cruel making me wait to hear the biopsy report. Cancer? Not cancer? Come on, people!

I will phone again this morning.

Yesterday, we were just settling in to wait for the rehab class when it was announced that there was an emergency on the pool deck. Pool deck? We all looked at the closed doors to the pool just inches away. People came running. I chatted with a woman who was watching for the ambulance and we learned it was a male who was now awake and out of the water. Cardiologist came and went, nurses measured blood sugars, things were calming down.

Firemen! Lots of firemen arrived. This hospital has no emergency department so the ambulance staff arrived to move him to their sister hospital (my other rehab hospital). As they rolled him by us, I gasped. I knew him! OMG!

Back story: My mom is always kind and will greet everyone at her apartment complex for independent living people 55 years old or over. Men or women, she is the same. One man sniffed around her before she mentioned that she still considered herself married, though my father has been gone just over twenty years. He backed away. She has no interest in developing any deep, personal relationships with men.

About two years ago, she stopped to greet then asked this man how he was doing. He reached out and grabbed her breasts. She was shocked and fled. After she told me what happened days later, I said she should have slapped him then called the police. She finally told the staff in the office, they contacted his wife and mom learned that this was something he did. There were many complaints.

While waiting for my rehab class shortly after this event, I was shocked when this same man walked past me, turned around and stared at me before taking off. I never saw him there again but was ready to say, "If you every touch my mom again, we will press charges against you."

Guess who was on the stretcher yesterday? Yup. Him.

No comments: