Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Returning Stamina!

Tuesday of a busy week! It is going to be a jammed packed day.

Yesterday, mom and I chatted a bit, tried to return a lamp to Target but forgot the lamp! It wasn't until we were getting out of the car at Target that it occurred to us. What can I say? We had been talking! So, off to her Costco appointment to have her eyes checked for reading glasses. Well, that didn't work either! The front office showed us where she had  just been checked less than 6-months ago! The information was right on the prescription! Cancel the appointment!

We had an early lunch, I dropped her off then met Michael at the mall for a few house of Christmas shopping. Now, he was really good at shopping but it was just that he wanted to do it all quickly and get out of the stores! We found great gifts for his mom, a few things for my mom and clothing for us. The funny thing about the whole experience was standing in line to pay for everything. We ended up talking to the women around us. Michael was rather embarrassed initially but I reminded him that talking to each other was what we women do! Men just don't! We met some really nice women and one reminded me to make our Christmas dinner reservations. I had completely forgotten to make them!

After we got home, I wrapped all the gifts. By 8AM this morning, I will be at the organic market buying some high quality tinned smoked oysters and sardines and anything else I can find. Mary loves that sort of thing and really can't afford to buy them herself. After buying a pound of Peet's coffee grounds, I will head home to wrap everything then head back to town to the UPS store. We also need a few things from Safeway.

All of the above has to be done by 11AM when I have to leave for my dermatologist appointment at the farthest campus of my university hospital. There are a few spots that need to be burned off.

Along with an Irish Fiddling rehearsal tonight, it is going to be a busy day.

I must once again remark about how well I am feeling after kicking up my nighttime oxygen to 2.5 liters from 2 liters. What a difference. I am no longer exhausted. That wall that would hit me in the mornings and make me pass out on the couch at 6AM is gone. My stamina level is returning.

No comments: