Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Stop at Immediate Care

What a day yesterday! Mom bought a Jitterbug cell phone for older people, simple to use with big letters and numbers. It took about two hours to program and activate it. Then, she was also having issues with her email on her computer, which ended up being an easy fix. I was pooped! So, we headed to lunch then to my butcher to buy Heritage Pork Chops for Christmas Eve dinner with William before driving mom to an Immediate Care place.

While having lunch, she mentioned that her infected cuticle was not getting better after three weeks and after using an antibiotic cream from the drug store. I looked at it and OMG! Her thumb was grey, swollen and looked horrible. I asked if she would go to Immediate Care on Tuesday but she said she didn't have time on Tuesday. That was it. I told her we would stop on our way to her house.

There were only two cars out front so no waiting! We were seeing the doctor within five minutes. He actually had to cut into her infection to get the pus out and prescribed oral antibiotics. Off to Walgreens we went then I finally drove her home.

Michael and I ate a lite dinner then drove down the coast at sunset. It was a picture postcard. The ocean was mild, so very blue and just beautiful. We went to the famous restaurant in the tiny town about 12 miles south of us, bought some Olallieberry syrup and jam for gifts then we had a piece of Olallieberry pie and coffee. It was delicious.

Both of us were in bed at 8PM and slept through the night.

I have a list of all the things I need to do today. After the rehab class, I will do a load of wash and some ironing and begin to lay everything out on the bed in the guest room in preparation of the trip.

No comments: