Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Back to Life

The eagle has landed! British Don and his cat made it with not a blip of a problem to their new home in Oklahoma City yesterday. Michael and I are going to remove his friend's borrowed car out of the garage after rehab class and drive it home for Michael to clean up before handing it back to its owner.

While Michael was with Don, I spent a couple of hours with mom. She looked and sounded so much better than when we spoke earlier. Her cough was rare and really loose. She thinks she had the flu, which was scary for an 89-year old. It is a miracle that none of us got it from her at Christmas.

Michael and I met back at the house, had lunch then rested, did a few things around the house, made a lite dinner and promptly fell asleep on the couch.

Rehab class. The first one of the year is this today! It will feel great to move and also to see everyone.

Christmas decorations and lights are still blinking but I have time tomorrow to put the interior decorations away. Rain is due around noon tomorrow through Friday so I hope the exterior lights can come down on the weekend. One year, I ended up taking them down in July. Not good!

Back to life - before rehab, I need to pay the credit card bills at the bank then swing by our investment group in town. William wants to transfer his investments to them so I am going to connect them, via email, to set up a date and time for a phone chat. He will be in Europe on tour, I think he left yesterday, so he wants to nail down a specific time for the conversation.

I can't quite believe that I am still alive in 2018! So unexpected! Thanks to Dr. K., good medication, pulmonary rehab and my diet, I have lived so much longer than expected. Rather amazing. I am trying to remember to appreciate every day as I know my health can turn on a dime. What will this year bring? Here we go.

No comments: