Sunday, January 21, 2018

Two Step

This flu with pneumonia definitely is a "two steps forward, one step backward" experience. Wild swings go from feeling pretty good to not being able to function at all. I remember eating some toast for breakfast yesterday, taking all my morning medications then nothing until I was awakened three hours later with the sun in my eyes. On Facebook, people have been sharing their experiences with me so I realize that this is going to be a longer process than I had planned. It may take weeks to recover.

I did kick up the oxygen last night back to the 2.5 liters and slept until I got cold. Frost on the roofs this morning. Snuggled in with an extra blanket, I slept the rest of the night.

After a very light breakfast, I feel pretty good this morning. No coffee, though, as it caused me to feel awful yesterday. The goal today will be to get dress, write out some bills and that's pretty much it. The brain is still fuzzy so I just don't trust myself to do anything with lots of details.

What I am watching for is a sudden shortness of breath, higher fevers, productive cough, chest pain, or diarrhea, which will send us back to the ER.

No comments: