Thursday, February 8, 2018

Box Delivered

Michael delivered the Man Box to Dave just before lunch yesterday. He was so touched to received all the goodies but our card brought him to tears. Michael described his injury to me and it doesn't sound good. The swelling was so severe from below to above the knee that they have to wait for the swelling to go down before they can take an MRI for a proper diagnosis. He said it was about twice the size as the other leg.

One nasty injury. He was bored and in pain and was beginning to realize that this is going to be a long process. Probably surgery will be involved followed by lots of rehab.

Our Irish Fiddling group is booked for three gigs around St. Patrick's Day. We need Dave. We need rehearsals and lots of tweaking. He said that with help setting up, he will be playing. The rehearsal was at his house last night and I will probably join them next week.

What a guy.

Yesterday was the most active I have been since mid-January. After meeting with the alarm company tech, I ran errands then washed the windows! It was warm and simple with my Windex pad on a stick. While the hose was out, I watered some plants before finally poisoning the weeds that have taken over our driveway and side yard while I have been housebound.

No need for a nap again but I was tired and fought to stay awake until bedtime. After ten hours of sleep, I feel great this morning. The housekeepers are due and I have an appointment with my glaucoma doctor this morning while they are cleaning. My eye pressure is probably not going to be good as I have used my inhaler so much when I had pneumonia. It drives the pressure up. It should be interesting.

No comments: