Friday, February 23, 2018

Fighting to Improve Stamina

Success! It was a fantastic day in the rehab class yesterday. I could really feel the improvement of my stamina after working in the gardens. Bit by bit, it is coming back. I was able to do more on the bike with less struggle. My saturation numbers were excellent.

I was also able to speak with classmate Barry (a tennis pro who lives here on the coastside) about driving Jeannie to rehab class when I am not available. We booked him for a date mid-March when Michael and I have a board meeting retreat at my university hospital. In a couple of weeks, I will mention that she will need help while I am on the road trip in May. Jeannie will be so happy to hear the news.

It hailed here yesterday! A very rare event so close to the ocean. It is still cold today so I think mom and I will spend some time at the mall with lunch at Nordstrom. Warm and cosy.

My weekend plans include working an area in the gardens between Ron and us. It needs lots of weeding and lots of removal of plants that have grown too big for the space. I will be cleaning it all out while listening to the SF Giants broadcast from Spring training.

No comments: