Friday, February 9, 2018

Forced Changes

My eyes were fine. I was worried that the pressures might be high due to the use of my inhalers at six times the normal rate due to the pneumonia. Nope. Seventeen for both eyes.

Two weeks ago, my oxygen delivery person noticed a fallen portable basketball hoop was on Leslie's lawn and asked about it. He said that he would love it if they were getting rid of it. I spoke with Leslie, she spoke to our new neighbors who didn't want it sooooo, she gave it to Art. The problem was I could not reach him until the delivery yesterday so I left a note on the tank. Michael and I happened to be home when he arrived to fill my tank, we gave him the good news, he and Michael took it apart and loaded it into his truck then, there were smiles all around.

Leslie flew out to Nashville yesterday morning so I took a photo of her front yard without the basketball apparatus on her lawn and sent it to her. She said it took her a few minutes to realize it was gone. So very happy.

I heard from Dave yesterday. He was out in the world on crutches and joining his wife, who was substituting for him with a student. They were all meeting at Safeway to teach the student how to use the electric shopping carts. He and I had an interesting conversation about how his injury will change him. The forced timeout of life allows for lots of contemplation and things become clearer. After I was told I didn't have long to live in 2005, it took awhile to get it settled in my body then I removed a lot from our lives. Anything negative went. I explained to Dave that to live being grateful for everyday is a lovely way to live. The appreciation of being mobile and able to physically do activities of daily living is huge and will never be taken for granted again. He said his injury is already changing him.

Today is toenail day with mom. It is a much needed appointment as the weather is in the 70s here and I want to wear sandals! We will have a bit of lunch afterwards and I will insure that we will never stop talking the entire day.

No comments: