Sunday, February 18, 2018

Garden Workout

The goal was to work in the gardens for the first time in months. I wanted to move my body, help build my stamina back and to remove the winter messes. Was I going to be able to do all that I wanted to do? I set a simple goal of an hour.

Strapping the oxygen backpack on and listening to sports talk radio, I began by trimming all the vegetation that had been growing along our parking bay and driveway. There are lights in the pavers and the plants had grown over some of the lights. While there, I also cleaned up other vegetation on the other side of the driveway and the rosemary around the mailbox.

By the time I raked up all the big bits, used the blower and sprayed some poison to kill anything growing between the pavers, I had been working for 1.25 hours.

I had to make a decision. How did I feel? Could I continue without overdoing it and pushing myself too hard?

Into the back yard I went.

At the far back corner, I hand trimmed several plants, trimmed more along the back fence, topped the lemon bush then cut a bit and there.

Another hour flew by.

Looking around, I realized that it was enough for one day. Next time in the garden? The back yard weeding then, the focus will move to the side yard between Ron and us. That will take some time!

This morning, I am just a little stiff but I slept like a baby and woke up later than usual.

No comments: