Thursday, February 1, 2018

Liver Appointment

I am driving to my liver clinic appointment alone today. It is a long drive and I really don't have my stamina back. Yesterday, I did go out into the sunshine and watered my garden and pots. It also gave me an opportunity to see how much work needs to be done and I developed a plan instead of feeling overwhelmed. I will focus on one small section of each garden area and attack it everyday. Before long, it will all be back under control. Maybe it will also help bring my stamina back.

My liver appointment is to review my blood tests and an annual check in. My fatty live was due to medication and I have a small amount of hardening in the liver, not enough to cause lung transplant problems. I am so grateful that I have never enjoyed alcohol and was never one to have a glass of wine with dinner. I am sure my liver would be at serious levels if that had been my routine though the years.

I plan to give myself more time to drive in, try not to stress out over traffic and arrive to the appointment early.

No comments: