Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Love and Concern

Happy Valentine's Day! We usually don't celebrate it with anything very special except for kisses but today, there will be cake! I am meeting Lois at a fantastic Italian bakery this morning where she will share photos and music stuff from the recent Mozart Festival in Salzburg, Austria. While there, I am going to buy Michael his favorite tiramisu for dessert this evening after we go down to the harbor to buy some fresh crab for dinner. It will be the first time we will eat crab this season!

I am worried about Jeannie. She was told by Hospice that they didn't want her on the RediWheel bus anymore and not to go to rehab without me driving. So, while I was ill these past four weeks, she was homebound. She was extremely anxious and really didn't leave her tiny apartment except to buy food. Hospice offered to have a volunteer to chat with her but she really needs a local volunteer to drive her over the pass, wait and hour and drive her home when I am unable to get her to the class.

My biggest concern is that Michael and I are planning a long road trip to visit his mom in Tennessee for almost the entire month of May. We talked about having her contact Hospice to see if they have local volunteers who could drive her to rehab while we are gone then I remembered that Catholic churches also offer volunteer drivers in this area. She was going to make the calls.

She looked horrible. She was wheezing so loudly that I could hear it. She was really struggling throughout the class.

I felt the workout but was able to do my entire routine except for the bike. It's always the bike that totally causes shortness of breath. No stiffness this morning and I am looking forward to seeing what I can do tomorrow.

Last night's Irish Fiddling rehearsal was great and we learned two new songs in preparation for three St. Patrick's Day gigs. But, it had been a long day and rehab wore me out! I was done after an hour, Michael dragged my bass home and I was snoring within minutes. Great night's sleep!

No comments: