Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Sleep, Finally

Back to rehab today! I am so ready to move my body again.

While hanging by the mailboxes with Ron yesterday, the singer from the Irish Fiddling group drove by to drop Leslie off at her house. Dave hopped out of his car and walked over to us! It was amazing. Surgery is planned in March and it will be a long recovery. Turns out he did some ligament damage and maybe other issues but he will not need a full replacement, thank goodness. He is actually going to drive himself to the rehearsal tonight at Leslie's house.

Yesterday, I solved mom's WiFi issue so her Jitterbug phone will no longer eat her limited data plan. We had her glasses tightened at Costco, bought new electric toothbrushes and two pounds of Peet's coffee before we had a light lunch. It was a really nice day of getting caught up from the weekend. Her drumming class is wrapping up and she is really going to miss it. They will continue to meet for a couple of weeks so they can make their own drums and the group is making plans to continue to meet on their own. Drumming. My mom. Amazing.

She was also involved in some kind of domino game that is very involved and is the big hit where she lives. They play for hours every Sunday. She used to hate the weekends as they seemed to go on endlessly. Now, they fly by. She had so much to share.

After our fun day together, I cooked for a few hours. For breakfasts or lunches, I made a ground chicken crusted pizza that is delicious then the Eggplant Casserole for dinner. After I had everything made, dinner served, the kitchen cleaned up, Michael mentioned that he was going to need some protein for breakfast so....back to the kitchen to bake some cherrywood smoked bacon for this morning. The house smelled divine!

I made Michael promise to not let me fall asleep before bedtime as I have been having sleep issues. Thinking I wore myself out, I hoped to have a good night's sleep. It worked. I slept eight hours before awakening then drifted back to sleep for another hour. I am ready for rehab and the rehearsal today!

No comments: