Thursday, February 22, 2018

Weedless!

With all good intentions yesterday morning, things didn't turn out as planned. I pulled the house together for the housekeepers then sat down to catch my breath. I drifted off to sleep. The phone rang. We are a rare home who still has a land line and it has been very active with calls from scammers. There were three within and hour, each time waking me but I fell back to sleep after each one. Finally, I got up and thought about not going into the garden. Nope. Not okay. Get dressed and get out there.

I weeded the entire back gardens and turned a pathway of dirt. After almost two hours, I was finished and it looked fantastic. From to the gardens to the phones.

Yesterday's mail brought a bill from a hospital when I fell in Palm Springs in January 2017 for around $77.00. This was the first bill I had ever received and, with my excellent insurance, I knew there was something amiss. I never see hospital bills.

Speaking with a lovely woman in the business department, I requested the Medicare number and date that they were paid. I was going to phone Medicare to see why I still had a balance owed on the bill. It took her a bit of time to pull it up and when I asked for the amount paid, the problem became clear.

On the statement, the $4K bill was reduced to $3K and reduced again for Medicare for $303.00. When I had seen that on the statement, I thought Medicare paid the $3K and my AARP gap coverage paid the $303.00. Nope. Medicare paid the $303 and there was no payment from AARP. She looked it up and found they had not been billed. As we were on the line, she re-billed AARP. I owe nothing. She was marvelous to work with and I took the survey afterwards. She was that good.

At this point I was feeling great. I was energized from the gardening, the hospital bill problem was solved and finally I needed to phone Betty, Chip's wife. We had not be able to talk when I spoke with Chip two days ago. After almost two hours, I had just put the phone down when Michael walked through the door.

It was a very satisfying day.

This morning, I feel great and filled with energy. Jeannie is seeing an eye doctor today so I am going to the rehab class alone. Heading to the mall, I am going over the pass early to see if I can find some clothes for the road trip. A shirt. Light blouse. Maybe some shoes. It will be fun to wander and try to find some good sales. AND, there is an Irish Fiddling rehearsal tonight. Hope my higher energy level lasts all day!

No comments: