Thursday, April 19, 2018

Eye Drops

Glaucoma. Prednisone caused. Scary. I am beginning to lose my vision in my right eye and am very careful about using my eye drops at the same time everyday.

In the morning, one drop in each eye of Dorzolamide-Timolol and Brimonidine Tartrate. At 2:30 PM,  one drop of Latanoprost in each eye. Great. Been doing this routine for years. But, there is now a problem.

The company who makes Dorzolamide-Timolol, which is the generic drug for Cosopt, is having problems and has not making the drug. No one can get it.

Mom also uses it and her doctor prescribed two other eye drops combined to have cover her while we wait for the drug to come back. Rumor has it that it should be soon.

The problem is I only have enough for a month from right now. We will be on the road trip when I run out. What to do? Yesterday, we dropped by my glaucoma doctor and they gave me a 30-day supply of free samples so I am covered. By the time we get home, I should be able to order it again. I hope.

Today is rehab day and there are only three more rehab classes before our trip. Barry has agreed to drive Jeannie while I am gone, if he is in town. She also has learned that her hospice people arranged volunteer drivers in case she needs them. Love hospice. It has made her life so much easier.

No comments: