Thursday, May 3, 2018

Ticking Down

Even though I missed rehab class this week, my calves hurt and I am stiff! Must be all the work in the yards. Everything is done except the grass and watering, which will happen tomorrow. Yesterday, fresh soil was delivered and Michael shoveled it all into the large stone container between Ron and us. When it was all in, Ron planted tomato plants and will take care of them while we are gone. Our first crop!

Soil. It is one of the triggers that can cause my disease, Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis. The rumor on the streets is that it can also be the cause of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. It still is not confirmed but is high on the list of possible causes. I stay away from soil and mulch. I panic at the smell of mold or the sight of fungus. All of these are triggers for my disease. So, while he was out with his precious organic soil, I stayed in the house until the driveway was washed down and the plants were watered.

I can't believe tomorrow night is our last one in our bed for three weeks. In a way, it came quickly and I still don't feel totally ready. Today, that should change. Once the housekeepers leave this morning, we will pack and set things out for Anna and Doug. Friday, I will be at the eye doctor with mom then we will do all the final preparations.

No comments: