Saturday, June 19, 2010

Child Number Three
























Mom said that it was quite a difference to have two lovely, quiet little girls then have a boy. An active boy. A bright active boy.

My brother Chip got three mothers in the bargain. Poor kid. He was loved to death not only by mom but also by my sister and me.

We were all almost exactly three years and two months apart with me being the middle child. Recently, my mother changed her trust to have all three of us as the executors. In a normal family, this could cause huge problems. In our family, I really expect no issues.

Asking Betty what Chip thought about the change, she paused and laughed a bit then said, “Chip still thinks of himself as having two older sisters who will take care of everything.” Funny how things change but really remain the same!

I adored my older sister and I adored my younger brother. With almost seven years between them, I often felt I was the connector between them. I guess I still feel that I am in that position.

When I die, will they grow closer together or further apart? I hope together!

No comments: