Thursday, February 13, 2014

Between the Storms

Every holiday since I have been sick, I have decorated the table in the family room. Nothing fancy. A simple reminder of the special day. Michael came home yesterday to the table set for Valentine's Day and, to my surprise, took a photo of it to share with his co-workers. That never happened before! I was rather touched!

Also yesterday, I was watching the news when it was announced that Raleigh, NC was hit hard by the snowstorm. I quickly messaged my friend to see if she made it home from work and she phoned. What was so difficult was that it was not expected to be so much snow so quickly. Everyone was caught off guard. For her 10-minute commute, it took over 30-minutes and she was happy just to get home. She said there were scattered and crashed cars abandoned at the bottom of every small hill. Yikes!

I over did it in the garden yesterday. There was a break between the needed rain storms so I was able to cut the grass, trim some bushes and weed a bit. Over three hours later, I was done. Orchestra rehearsal was not going to happen and I was in bed by 8:00.

My brain is going to be challenged today. I hope it still works!

No comments: