Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No Sushi

Because of being on such strong immune suppressant drugs, I have to be careful of certain foods and the sun.

Everything must be cooked well. Because of e-coli, I do not eat ground beef. Ever. I can eat sushi but it must be cooked. Nothing raw. No raw oysters, no raw tuna, no raw beef, no raw quail eggs, no cookie dough, no raw cheeses.

We do not often eat out at restaurants, as we just don’t know if someone handling my food is fighting a cold or the flu.

One of my drugs makes me susceptible to skin cancer and I must be fully covered in the sun. When I do yard work, I have the oxygen on my back attached to a candela into my nose, a large hat, long-sleeved shirt, a mask and headphones. Charming. The neighbors tease me but it allows me to continue working in my gardens.

Next: Barbara

3 comments:

Jill said...

I think the important this is that you have not stopped doing what you love to do! And may I say? Your garden is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So many thanks! I told Michael that when i stop gardening, that will be the clue that I am in really bad shape.

Jill said...

Men need clues, as they are really clueless!