Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Calm Between Two Doctor Days

I survived all the doctor madness yesterday but fell asleep on the couch at 6:00 before stumbling to bed at 8:00. I was done and tomorrow is going to be another crazy day of two doctor appointments for my mom.

She had her eye exam and ordered new sunglasses before we zoomed down the freeway to enjoy lunch at a little cafe inside the building of her second eye doctor appointment. We met with a plastic surgeon to talk about tightening her lower eyelids again. Her eye drops for glaucoma drip into her ears, which is not good as she has hearing aids. The doctor was a handsome young man with a Swedish name. Mom, being half Norwegian, told him several cute jokes and they bonded. The surgery is in a couple of week. But tomorrow, we will drop the paperwork off during her pre-op exam in the morning then zoom across town to the large university hospital for her annual check-up with her heart doctor at noon.

I am looking forward to the Irish Fiddling rehearsal tonight since I missed it last week. It has been a few weeks since we have played a gig but that changes soon. My knee is not swollen this morning as i wrapped it the minute I got home yesterday and will keep it wrapped all day today. Before the rehab class, I will get the uric acid blood test.

The two pounds I gained while Christien was here are gone. Thank goodness! I want to lose a few more before the August 13 wedding of Michael's nephew. Dr. K. will not be happy as I see her the week before the wedding.

No comments: