Living Well with a Bad Diagnosis - Lung Disease

Friday, June 30, 2017

Frantic Pace

By the time I arrived to pick Jeannie up for our rehab class at 11:00 yesterday, I was exhausted! I felt like I had run a marathon! The moment Michael left, I ran through the house for the final touches before the housekeepers arrived at 9AM. Showered and dressed, I was ready to go right before they arrived, or so I thought.

As I gassed up the car for today, paid the mortgage, went to CVS for a huge run then to Safeway, I kept glancing at my watch. I had just enough time to drive home, put away all the groceries, grab a bit of lunch to eat in the car on the way to Jeannie's.

As I was driving in our neighborhood, a van pulled in front of me and I followed it as it pulled into my driveway. The housekeepers had not been to our house yet. I quickly unpacked the goods that needed to be refrigerated and got out of their way. Lunch and a bathroom. Both were needed.

I drove to the organic market, enjoyed their clean bathroom, opened the door to leave it when I bumped into a woman who I try to avoid. And, there she was, next in line and she wanted to talk. I needed to hustle. After I slipped away from her, an other gentleman over heard our conversation and engaged me as I tried to squeeze by him. After a couple of minutes, I was able to finally fly to the deli, find a bit of food that I could quickly eat in the car, paid for it and I was off. Thoughout the entire time in the market, I kept glancing at my watch. I was really running out of time.

Tourist traffic on Main Street was not too bad and I actually pulled up to Jeannie's as she walked out the door. Perfect timing. I felt like I had been running all morning. In the rehab class, I was able to do 2.2MPH on the treadmill for 8-minutes. Not bad for a fractured knee! It felt great this morning and is not swollen as I kept it wrapped all day yesterday.

Thinking back on the week, this frantic pace, especially around mom's doctor appointments, followed me everyday. And, it continues today as we food shop, haul it all home before mom and I have our toenail appointment later this morning. Again, a bit frantic trying to do a lot before our appointment.

I am so looking forward to doing nothing this weekend!

No comments: